Stephen Strasburg was on Letterman last night, presenting “10 little known facts about Stephen Strasburg.” I generally do not like Letterman (I’m a Conan guy), and the Top 10 is usually quite bland in my opinion. I’m just happy to see DC Sports getting some love, especially with the beautiful Nationals Stadium in the background.
And here are the top 10:
10. To keep my focus on pitching, I sleep on a mound of dirt.
9. Every morning I spread IcyHot on my toast.
8. Got 3 of my 14 strikeouts while twittering [Ed. note: Uh, it’s tweeting Mr Strasburg]
7. To celebrate my first big league win, I bought a hot tub time machine.
6. I wasn’t really good till I got bitten by that radioactive spider.
5. Dumb guys think I directed “E.T.”
4. I also scored the winning goal for the Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup Finals.
3. I blew my signing bonus on laser back hair removal.
2. Don’t even try to talk to me before a start or while I’m watching “Glee.”
1. If I would have known I’d be on Letterman, I wouldn’t have pitched so well.
Other Strasburg Notes:
His next two starts (Sunday at Indians and June 19 vs White Sox) will be nationally televised on TBS and MLB, respectively. [via Nationals Journal]
Oh, and a screen grab of Strassy with pie on his face and the silver Elvis wig. [via Mr Irrelevant]